PolyWorks Inspector is a powerful industrial 3D metrology software solution to control tool or part dimensions, diagnose and prevent manufacturing and assembly issues, guide assembly building through realtime measurements, and oversee the quality of assembled products by using non-contact point cloud digitizers and single-point contact-based probing devices.
Inspecting and analyzing a measured part is only possible if the digitized data is properly positioned and oriented in 3D. Typically, a measured part is aligned to its nominal CAD model to enable the extraction and comparison of nominal and measured dimensions. It can also be assembled virtually to the surrounding mating parts in order to check for interference issues or to analyze flush and gap deviations.
PolyWorks Inspector offers a broad range of part alignment techniques that let users construct alignments with:
- Surfaces or cross-sections (measured to nominal best-fit, constrainable in rotation/translation, and within tolerance zone)
- Features (3-2-1, pairs of center points, and GD&T datum reference frames)
- Reference points and lines (RPS, surface points, and six-point nest)
- Virtual gauges (caliper, flush & gap, and airfoil)
At the core of the PolyWorks Inspector workflow is the extraction of measured part dimensions and computing the deviations to their corresponding nominal dimensions. Thanks to the remarkable flexibility integrated into PolyWorks, dimensions can be extracted from measured point clouds, polygonal models built from point clouds, or probed points. Nominal dimensions can also be extracted from a CAD model or a reference measured part. PolyWorks Inspector delivers the complete toolbox you need to extract and analyze:
- Surface, boundary, and cross-sectional measured-to-nominal deviations
- Feature dimensions and GD&T controls (ASME Y14.5-2009 and ISO 1101, as well as PTB certified)
- Advanced dimensions such as flush and gap, profile radius, airfoil dimensions (leading edge, trailing edge, and global), assembly clearance, thickness, and more
PolyWorks Inspector also offers real-time guidance to accurately build and inspect fixtures and jigs using single-point measurement devices. PolyWorks Inspector provides an outstanding updateable reporting technology that guarantees the exactness of a report and dramatically accelerates multiples inspection. Report items, such as 3D scene screenshots and result tables, are automatically updated if a project is altered. You can modify the parameters of a project, or replace the measured data points of the current piece by the data points from a new piece, knowing that the entire inspection report will automatically be updated. The PolyWorks Viewer enables your colleagues, managers, and suppliers to review your inspection projects in 3D.